Dear all,

Wednesday at DARG, 13:00-14:30 UK time, there will be a hybrid (in-person and online) data session hosted in room B114 (Brockington Building, Loughborough University) or join us on Zoom: https://us02web.zoom.us/j/82657058417?pwd=b0NqMTFJK2ZxaGc2RFQ1VExmQUFPUT09.

You do not need to download any software to attend. Please see attached for the transcripts.

The session will be presented by Penny Litchfield from Loughborough University. The session is titled “Constructions of usefulness in a relief work context":

This data shows an interaction between a relief worker and Oona Chaplin as they talk about the clothes that have been donated to the Grenfell survivors. In this data I am particularly interested in what ‘usefulness’ is doing in terms of accountability work. I’m interested in how these constructions relate to establishing a sense of community and also contributing to a collective memory of-what-happened. This data is part of my PhD exploring how the Grenfell community use narrative and artistic mediums to remember and commemorate the tragedy.

Please delete the transcripts after the data session.

Best wishes,

Lauren

You can find out more about DARG here, follow @DARG_sessions on Twitter here and see the most recent DARGchive release here

To unsubscribe from the DARG-LBORO list, click the following link:
https://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/cgi-bin/WA-JISC.exe?SUBED1=DARG-LBORO&A=1