 ***Apologies for cross-posting***

Hello all,

European Social Work Research (ESWR) is a new peer-reviewed journal edited by Lars Uggerhoj (Aalborg University, Denmark), Ana M. Sobočan (University of Ljubljana, Slovenia) and Elaine Sharland, (University of Sussex, UK).

ESWR is dedicated to the development, practice and utilization of social work research. It will be the only Europe-wide journal to focus uniquely on social work research and its intended audience is scholars, students, practitioners, policymakers and other researchers who have an interest in social problems, social work and the contribution that social work makes to just and equitable societies. ESWR will be published in a partnership between Policy Press and the European Social Work Research Association. The first issue will be published online in April 2023, in time for the launch at ECSWR in Milan.

Read our call for papers to learn more.

Editors invite authors to submit full papers for consideration which examine all major social work practice areas, including (but not limited to):

We also publish on contemporary challenges facing social work and the communities it serves, among them:

The journal values innovation and diversity, embracing research that uses a wide range of methodological approaches, and is informed by a wide range of theoretical and conceptual frameworks. In addition to traditional research articles and book reviews, ESWR features a Research, Policy and Practice Exchange section for shorter articles, critical discussions and reflections.

Please see our call for papers and instructions for authors for further details:

Call for papers: bit.ly/3TzOZ7R

Instructions for authors: bit.ly/3MMfbtw

If you would like to discuss your submission you can read the editorial team at [log in to unmask]