with apologies for cross-posting

Dear Colleagues,

We are delighted to share this CALL FOR PARTICIPATION for this very special global event with you, in collaboration with Inspirees and our global summit partners. The Laban/Bartenieff Movement System Summit is part of The World Arts & Embodiment Forum 2023. WAEF 2023 consist of four key Summits in Dance Therapy & Movement Therapy, Creative Movement, Laban/Bartenieff Movement System, and Authentic Movement in March-April 2023.

The Laban/Bartenieff Movement System Summit will be hosted by East 15 Acting School/University of Essex, on 11th-13th April 2023. The event will be hybrid in-person and online.

We are calling for participation in the form of workshops, papers, presentations, panel discussions and key group conversations based on the following themes, which will be the core focus of each day:

Day 1 – we accept proposals related to:  The contemporary landscape of processes and applications of LBMS and the opportunities and challenges it presents in various fields of application for the 21st Century.

Day 2 – we accept proposals related to: Irmgard Bartenieff’s work and legacy, and the ‘silent’ bodies of knowledge and overlooked contributors: the women and men who developed and ensured the legacy of ‘Laban’ studies.

Day 3 – we accept proposals related to: Integrating First and Third Person Views of Movement. Exploring movement objectively, subjectively, physically, metaphysically, spiritually, and approaches that comingle these perspectives.  Approaches to movement from the outside in and the inside out, ideas and practices that challenge the dichotomy of object and subject, experiential and analytic.

For more information about the programme and each day's theme, and how to make a proposal, please follow this link https://www.inspirees.com/waef-2023-lbms-summit/

If you have any questions or would like an informal chat about your proposal, please don't hesitate to get in touch - [log in to unmask]

The deadline for proposals is 23rd October 2022. However, we realise this might feel tight, so if you require extra time, please do drop us an email and we can look to extend.

All the very best,

The LBMS summit team - Dr Juliet Chambers-Coe (East 15, UK); Dr Carol-Lynne Moore (MoveScape Center, US); Alison Curtis-Jones (Trinity Laban, UK);
Dr Helen Kindred (Middlesex University, UK); Katharina Conradi (EMOVE Institute, NL).

Dr Juliet Chambers-Coe
GL-CMA, FHEA, MHFA
Lecturer: Movement
East 15 Acting School
Loughton Campus

NB: I sometimes work irregular hours to allow me to manage work alongside family life. If you receive an email from me outside of your working hours, please do not feel under any obligation to respond to it until you are back at your desk.

Principal Editor: Dance, Movement and Spiritualities Journal, Intellect
www.intellectbooks.com/dance-movement-spiritualities

Director:
www.labanarium.com

Mental Health First Aider

To unsubscribe from the DANCEHE list, click the following link:
https://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/cgi-bin/WA-JISC.exe?SUBED1=DANCEHE&A=1