ucisa News and Events

DIG22: SurvivabilITy and SustainabilITy

Date: Tuesday 11th October - Wednesday 12th October 2022

Location: Hilton Newcastle Gateshead

Booking: www.ucisa.ac.uk/events

Booking deadline approaching

This year’s Digital Infrastructure Group (DIG) conference, ‘SustainabilITy and SurvivabiITty will explore the two themes of cyber security and sustainability.

Some of the highlights will include:

  • A panel who will share direct experience of the consequences of cyber-attacks to help others understand what can be done to avoid the same
  • NCSC session with their incidents team on the recovery period after a cyber attack
  • ‘Surviving the journey to the public cloud’ panel session – where panel members will share insights into their Cloud Migration journeys and lessons learnt
  • ‘Digital Sustainability – exploring how you can make a difference’ – suggestions on what you can do to become more digitally sustainable
  • An interactive Cyber Security game
  • And last but definitely not least…a chance to network with colleagues from other institutions, a chance to hear what they are experiencing and how this may help your work!

yoga on the beach

Book now to attend to hear from such speakers as Mehmet Batmaz from the University of Greenwich; Dave Thornley from Sheffield Hallam University; Alex Goffe from Keele University; and Matthew Jones from the University of Huddersfield on Day 1. On day 2 we will have speakers including James Crooks from University of Central Lancashire; Sarah Lawson from University College London; and Dan C from the NCSC, amongst others.

We look forward to seeing you all at our first DIG face to face event in three years!

ucisa logo

Contact team ucisa:

To unsubscribe from the UCISA-WIT list, click the following link:
https://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/cgi-bin/WA-JISC.exe?SUBED1=UCISA-WIT&A=1