From: medieval-religion - Scholarly discussions of medieval religious culture <[log in to unmask]> on behalf of Rosemary Hayes <[log in to unmask]>
Sent: Monday, August 8, 2022 11:57 AM
To: [log in to unmask] <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: [M-R] Cassiodorus as a subject to study

Dear All

A young (very bright) priest friend of ours is setting off on studies for his PhD and asked what I thought of his idea of looking at Cassiodorus and his commentary on the Psalms.

This is so far outside any small area of expertise that I have that I promised him that I would ask if anyone on this list had thoughts of whether this was a good subject for PhD study and whether it is too well-trod (or poorly documented) to make a good subject for study.  His supervisor will probably be an expert on Augustine.

Any thoughts from anybody?

Many thanks,

Rosemary

Dr R C E Hayes

18 Murrayfield Drive

Edinburgh

EH12 6EB

0131 337 1385

The sender of this email is external to Sacred Heart University. Do not click any links unless you know and trust the sender.