Hi Experts,

I have performed TICA on an existing movie-watching dataset and the spatial maps look great. I just wanted to get some clarification on the associated timecourses output from MELODIC, please.

Within the HTML log, I see the subject/session contribution and timecourse plots. My understanding is that the timecourse is some form of mean across brains. My first question is whether that plot simply displays the mean timecourse across brains for the given IC, or is it a weighted mean/something more complex? When I load an ICs timecourse .txt file into MATLAB I see there is timecourse data for n+1, presumably the first or last column relates to the data presented in the HTML plot, can I ask which one this is? Plotting the data in MATLAB suggests it is the first column while the other columns represent individual timecourses, is that correct? My second question is that given we get individual timecourses for each component, is there a way to output individual spatial maps, or does one need to use dual regression for this?

Finally, can I just clarify my understanding of the subject/session contribution. Am I correct in thinking that the y-axis of the plot relates to the level of contribution to the component? For example, if subject 1 shows a value of 0.5 we infer they did not contribute much to the component, but if subject 2 shows a value of 6.0, we infer they contributed a lot to the component? How does the full model fit relate to this?

Best wishes,
Mason

Dr Mason T Wells

BSc MSc PhD

Research Associate

School of Optometry and Vision Sciences

& Cardiff University Brain Research

Imaging Centre (CUBRIC), School of Psychology

Cardiff University

Cardiff

CF24 4HQ

UK

Tel: 02920 879628

Web: Cardiff University webpage<https://www.cardiff.ac.uk/people/research-students/view/974214-><http://www.cardiff.ac.uk/people/research-students/view/482937->

Dr Mason T Wells

Bsc MSc PhD

Cymdeithas Ymchwil

Yr Ysgol Optometreg a Gwyddorau’r Golwg

& Canolfan Ymchwil Delweddu’r Ymennydd Prifysgol Caerdydd (CUBRIC), Yr Ysgol Seicoleg

Prifysgol Caerdydd

Heol Maindy

Caerdydd

CF24 4HQ

DU

E-bost: [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>

Ffôn: 02920 879628