Thank you again for your responses- I will change my analysis accordingly but I had some questions for clarification:

1a) For "group effect" I meant testing whether there is group A > group B or group A < group B. How should I approach this? I was thinking of having two between-subjects models such that 1 model would compare group A condition 1 against all conditions of group B and another model comparing group A condition 2 against all conditions of group B.

Then design matrix would look like the following:
1 0 0 0 0 0 0  1  1  1
1 0 0 0 0 0 0  -1  0  0
1 0 0 0 0 0 0  0  -1  0
1 0 0 0 0 0 0  0  0  -1
0 1 0 0 0 0 0  1  1  1
0 1 0 0 0 0 0  -1  0  0
0 1 0 0 0 0 0  0  -1  0
0 1 0 0 0 0 0  0  0  -1
The last three columns would represent- A1-vs-B1, A1-vs-B2, and A1-vs-B3.

1b) For the one-sample t-tests command line (in this case, for Group A) you suggested- I just wanted to double-check whether I got the data correctly prepared:

Command line: palm -I A1.<ext> -i A2.<ext> -d design_a1.csv -t contrasts_a1.csv -ise -n 5000 -logp [blah]

For input A1.<ext> and A2.<ext> would they look like the following:

A1.<ext> & A2.<ext>
subject1 bh.thickness file for condition A1/A2
subject2 bh.thickness file for condition A1/A2
subject3 bh.thickness file for condition A1/A2
...and so on

Then for design_a1.csv, the file would look like this:

1 0 0 0 0 0 0 -1  1
1 0 0 0 0 0 0  1  -1
0 1 0 0 0 0 0 -1  1
0 1 0 0 0 0 0  1  -1
There would N number of columns corresponding to the number of subjects times 2 (for condition A1 and condition A2) and the last two columns would represent conditions A1 and A2.

And contrasts_A1.csv would look like this:
0 0 0 0 0 0 0  1  0
0 0 0 0 0 0 0  0  1

Thank you very much for all the information. And I apologize again for the long email.

Best,
Julia Shin