Emily,

From these images - given they derive from the same original data - I would assume that background suppression has been applied. I would expect a much larger difference in magnitude between the perfusion image and a true calibration (equilibrium magnetisation) image.

Michael

---
Michael Chappell MEng DPhil SFHEA
Professor of Biomedical Imaging

Sir Peter Mansfield Imaging Centre
School of Medicine
University of Nottingham

Precision Imaging Beacon Hub
Room A39f, A floor
Medical School, QMC
Nottingham, NG7 2UH

+44 (0) 115 82 32864| physimals.org nottingham.ac.uk

Books for biomedical engineering (physiology and imaging):
PhysiologyforEngineers.org

Books for neuroimaging:
NeuroimagingPrimers.org

On 6 Aug 2022, at 02:49, Emily Popa <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

Hi Michael,

Thank you for following up with the helpful feedback! I attached the perfusion weighted image and calibration image here (the control image which was separated out from the label-control pair). Please take a look and let me know your thoughts, I am not seeing much of a difference between the two and am not sure if this indicates background suppression was probably used and we cannot get our perfusion values in absolute units.

Many thanks again!

Best,

Emily S. Popa, M.S.
Staff Research Associate II, Neuroimaging
Pacific Brain Health Center | Pacific Neuroscience Institute Foundation | Providence Saint John’s Health Center
1301 20th St. #250 Santa Monica, CA. 90404

(408) 750-7971 (M)

<image001.jpg> <image002.jpg> <image003.jpg> <image004.jpg> <image005.jpg>