Hi Tamir,
I am assuming all registrations are “good” ( that is none of these differences are due to a failed registration ). For any transformation between images which isn’t equivalent to integer scaling between two perfectly aligned grids, there will be voxels which only have a partial overlap. For a binary mask, this will result in voxels in the transformed image having values in the range 0..1, this will almost certainly alter quantities such as non-zero volume of the mask. We usually partially account for this by thresholding-and-binarising the transformed mask at some value - this is typically 0.5, but the choice is somewhat arbitrary.

Note that even a native-space "ground-truth” mask shouldn’t be expected to be same size for all subjects - some of the mask-size variation will be due to true subject anatomical variability.

Hope this helps,
Kind Regards
Matthew
Dr Matthew Webster