Hi James,

Regarding the FSLeyes error, are you using VcxSrv? It might be worth trying
a different X server - I'd recommend trying Mobaxterm:
https://mobaxterm.mobatek.net/

Failing that, other users have reported success with Xming:
https://sourceforge.net/projects/xming/files/Xming/6.9.0.31/Xming-6-9-0-31-setup.exe/download

Regarding the home directory issue - the files have been downloaded to your
WSL/Ubuntu home directory - this is different from your Windows home
directory. The Ubuntu/WSL system is essentially a separate operating
system, similar to a virtual machine - it has an entirely separate file
system to your Windows file system.

It is possible to access WSL files from Windows - you can read about this
here:
https://www.howtogeek.com/426749/how-to-access-your-linux-wsl-files-in-windows-10/

It is also straightforward to access Windows files from WSL - your Windows
C drive is made available in the /mnt/c/ directory. For example, to change
into your Windows Downloads directory (replace "<your-username>" with your
Windows username):

cd "/mnt/c/Users/<your-username>/Downloads/"

Paul