To those who just returned from Murcia:

Dear All,

On the back of the recognition that brains have been filled with much insight over the last week during the fantastic conference at Murcia, a number of colleagues have asked whether any book publications might arise from our efforts. We are aware that many panels have already deliberated over this and developed clear plans but we would like to add the following suggestion:

To publish a volume on the interplay between ideology, language policy (broadly defined, following James Hawkey´s remark) and language practices, in particular – but not exclusively – with regard to case studies involving small languages (minoritized, minority, regional, non-standard). A historical angle would be much appreciated.

If you are interested this in principle, we´d welcome your 2-3 line description and expression of interest by July 1st. The timeline would be for first drafts of articles to be submitted by Oct 1st, Comments from editors back by Dec 31st, final draft of chapter by March 1st, and submission of full manuscript to publisher by May 1st, so that a publication date of 2024 would be very realistic. Chapters should be 6000-8000 words long.

Nils & Sam

Nils Langer, Prof. of North Frisian and Minority Studies, Europa-Universität Flensburg

Samantha Litty, PostDoc in Linguistics, Europa-Universität Flensburg

Nils Langer

Professor für Nordfriesisch, Minderheitenforschung und Minderheitenpädagogik

Direktor von kurs (kleine und regionale Sprachen)

Minderheitenbeauftragter der Europa-Universität Flensburg

Friesisches Seminar

OSL343

Europa-Universität Flensburg

Auf dem Campus 1

D-24943 Flensburg

+49 461 805 2856

www.uni-flensburg.de/friesisch

www.uni-flensburg.de/kurs

Nils Langer

Professor für Nordfriesisch, Minderheitenforschung und Minderheitenpädagogik

Direktor von kurs (kleine und regionale Sprachen)

Minderheitenbeauftragter der Europa-Universität Flensburg

Friesisches Seminar

OSL343

Europa-Universität Flensburg

Auf dem Campus 1

D-24943 Flensburg

+49 461 805 2856

www.uni-flensburg.de/friesisch

www.uni-flensburg.de/kurs

To unsubscribe from the HISON list, click the following link:
https://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/cgi-bin/WA-JISC.exe?SUBED1=HISON&A=1