Sorry for cross-posting but you do not want to miss this event!

I wanted to let you know about our upcoming online event, a screening and discussion of the film Volviendo a Vivir, on June 22nd 4:00-5:30pm UK time (10AM Colombian Time). Please register and find more information https://www.lse.ac.uk/lacc/events/Screening-of-Volviendo-a-vivir.

The Event will provide some background to the film, how it was produced as part of an ESRC research project and we will show the film itself (23 minutes long). The film was produced by an innovative remote participatory video research design by using women’s smartphones for filming. Over a period of 10 months, a team of researchers and filmmakers in the UK and Colombia, and the 24 directors, met in weekly online workshops to train women in filming techniques, review and discuss film material and make editorial decisions.

The film tells the stories of displaced and conflict-affected women, now living in Bogota and Medellin, Colombia. Through their voices and gazes it provides an account of their experiences, learning, perseverance and empowerment from moments of displacement, in the defence of their rights in the cities of Medellín and Bogotá, up to current negotiations and aspirations of their urban futures. By sharing their pasts and urban presents, they aim to unite their voices to show the reality of many Colombian families with the hope that their (her)stories will not be repeated in next generations.

In this session we will show the film followed by a Q&A with the research team and women directors.

In the event, Dr Sonja Marzi, a Lecturer at the School of Social and Political Science at the University of Glasgow will be joined by Professor Rachel Pain, Professor of the Department of Human Geography at Newcastle University, Third sector co-investigator Dr Michele De Laurentiis, Filmmaker and researcher María Fernanda Carrillo Sánchez and Action Researcher Lina María Zuluaga

We hope that you'll be able to join!