Hi Mat,

I’m not sure about the emClarity side of things but on the RELION side the shifts and rotations in a particle STAR file are applied to the reference to align it with the particle. This means that to get the actual position in the tomogram you need to negate these shifts.

e.g.

new_x_position = rlnCoordinateX - ( rlnOriginXAngst / pixelsize )

Hope that helps you move forwards a bit.

Cheers,

Alister