Dear colleagues,

Today The National Archives posted this thread on Twitter<https://twitter.com/UKNatArcSector/status/1542083729723719680> to celebrate the completion of the online Manorial Documents Register for England and Wales<https://discovery.nationalarchives.gov.uk/manor-search>. We would love it if you could join in the celebrations and help raise awareness of these valuable records by posting on Twitter using #ManorialDocuments. Anyone is welcome to join in, whether you're an archive, a researcher or a fan of manorial documents!

Your posts could:

  *   Explain why it's important to preserve manorial documents and how you do this
  *   Highlight your favourite manorial documents or recent acquisitions in your collection
  *   Show how manorial documents can be used for research and other activities
  *   Detail how a user could access a manorial document from your collection
  *   Share some interesting stories discovered in manorial documents

The date of today's campaign (29 June) is particularly significant as it will mark the centenary of the Royal Assent of the Law of Property Act 1922, which abolished copyhold tenure, and, through subsequent legislation in 1924, gave the Master of the Rolls jurisdiction over manorial records. The National Archives maintains the Manorial Documents Register on behalf of the Master of the Rolls and we are grateful to all of our partners who have helped to update the register and make it available online.

If you have any questions, please feel free to get in touch. We look forward to seeing your posts and images!

Best wishes,

Jonathan Ladd

[The National Archives logo]
Jonathan Ladd | Head of Programmes Team
T: 020 3947 2422 | W: nationalarchives.gov.uk<http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk/>
Twitter: @UkNatArcSector
The National Archives, Kew, Richmond, Surrey TW9 4DU

Please don't print this e-mail unless you really need to. ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------- National Archives Disclaimer This email and any files transmitted with it are intended solely for the use of the individual(s) to whom they are addressed. If you are not the intended recipient and have received this email in error, please notify the sender and delete the email. Opinions, conclusions and other information in this message and attachments that do not relate to the official business of The National Archives are neither given nor endorsed by it. ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------