Hi Jane,

Might it be the Vancouver style that he chose? I did a little test and if you use the first style that appears on RCM for Vancouver (Bibliothèque Universitiare the Médecine - Vancouver (French)), the numbering is wrong but when I choose the style marked only as “Vancouver”, it sorts the problem.

There are also Vancouver styles for several publishers such as Elsevier, Nature or SAGE, which might be useful if he is submitting to any of their journals.

Best wishes,

Eva

Eva Garcia Grau, AFHEA (she/her)

Information Consultant for the School of Engineering, Physical and Mathematical Sciences

(Computer Sciences, Electronic Engineering, Information Security, Mathematics and Physics)