Begin forwarded message:

From: May Thorpe <[log in to unmask]>
Date: 20 May 2022 at 20:04:40 BST
To: "Pratt, Andy" <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: Belfast and Prague - Art and Design History

CAUTION: This email originated from outside of the organisation. Do not click links or open attachments unless you recognise the sender and believe the content to be safe.

Colleagues, here are two conference calls from Queen’s University Belfast and VSFS Prague. Dec 1-3, 2022 and 28-30 June, 2023. Publications with Intellect Books and UCL Press.

REPRESENTING PASTS - VISIONING FUTURES

VIRTUAL

Dates: Dec 1-3, 2022
Formats: Zoom, Pre-recorded
Abstracts: July 10, 2022 (Early)             Later submissions in November 2022

Themes: Art and Architecture History, Film, Design, Visual Media….

Queen’s University Belfast, National University of Singapore, Cape Peninsula University of Technology

https://amps-research.com/conference/visioning/

HERITAGES: Past and Present – Built and Social

PRAGUE

Dates: June 28-30, 2023
Formats: In-person and online
Abstracts: July 10, 2022 (Early)             Later submissions in November 2022

Themes: Art and Architecture History, Intangible Heritage, Cultural Studies…

VŠFS Prague  | The Czech Technical University
https://amps-research.com/conference/heritages-prague/

REPRESENTING PASTS – VISIONING FUTURES
One century ago the City Symphony was at the cutting edge of visual representation. It was the site of some of the most challenging concepts and ideas the art world had ever seen. Its ruptures in spatiotemporal representation were seen as natural extensions of the avant-garde: cubist painting in the mode of Braque, the architectural visions of Vladimir Tatlin, the spatio-sculptural works of Aleksandr Rodchenko, the photography of Moholy-Nagy and later Florence Henri, to name but a few.
Taking the City Symphony, and its historic moment in time as a starting point, this conference seeks to explore of the past, present and future of how we visualise people, places, cities and life. It welcomes insights into the history of painting from a spatiotemporal standpoint; the influence and evolution of the photographic representation of place; the role of sculpture in exploring and integrating space. It invites filmmakers exploring city representation, architects, urban planners and designers engaged in the visualisation of buildings, cities…. and more.
https://amps-research.com/conference/visioning/

HERITAGES: Past and Present – Built and Social
2023 marks the twentieth anniversary of the UNESCO Convention on Cultural Heritage. It established culture as a concept to be safeguarded. That event came three decades after the World Heritage Convention. Through that, UNESCO had set up its World Heritage List of protect sites and buildings. The intervening years have seen multiple shifts in how we define heritage – as both material objects and social traditions. Today more than ever before, the distinction is blurred. The streets on which we live, the edifices we design and the monuments we protect are all connected to the lifestyles, traditions and social groupings we celebrate and safeguard.
Reflecting this scenario, this conference seeks papers on heritage from various standpoints: art and architecture historians concerned with preservation; architects and urban planners engaged with placemaking; cultural theorists and social historians documenting objects, places, people and events. It welcomes case studies that are specific and place-based. It embraces theoretical frameworks that function globally. It is interested in variegated methods of research and analysis.
https://amps-research.com/conference/heritages-prague/

Organisers and Publishers:

Queen’s University Belfast  | Cape Peninsula University of Technology | National University of Singapore   VŠFS Prague  | The Czech Technical University  | Routledge | UCL Press | Intellect Books | AMPS

[http://ec2-52-33-3-241.us-west-2.compute.amazonaws.com/8qgP5gV7y27zzReOgfR4Ja7YL8VcSVB9UsLXZ-Iy-tY3u5zdJD6wQE36RXELpLEB1BQ-J-Y2YodEp_IxEmsbX4sN8UtRd2eCjg-H3wNCRm9Bl2BZKjhFrsQ1Soh6nQyMawSDDLq5nGCiJ9taYBo2qq_Y5RFXVW8Efs35mGHbajgajgmD06LeXWp6UcLZWWJhmiinxWXiE0RtZSPde_-4A]