All, this event is in-person and virtual: ‘Applying Education in a Complex World’

APPLYING EDUCATION IN A COMPLEX WORLD

Toronto, Canada

Sheridan College | Routledge

Dates:        26-28 April 2023
Abstracts:  10 July 2022 (Early)

https://amps-research.com/conference/applying-education/

SHORT CALL:

Complexity theory, complex systems, complex strategies and a complex world. The range of concepts, practices, scenarios and metaphors through which we consider intricate, interconnected and changing phenomena is vast. It is seen as central to the design process itself.
The education sector, like all those that make up the tapestry of contemporary societies and economies is not – and cannot be – immune. In this scenario, design education is becoming equally fluid. We not only prepare students to face the changes we see occurring today, but shifts and developments no one expects, or predicts. We are obliged to think outside disciplinary boundaries. We adapt constantly to changing methods of teaching. We address new and emerging professional roles. We negotiate the demands of learners, parents, industries and business.
This conference reflects on the implications of this from the perspective of its host institution, Sheridan College, Toronto. Here, art, design and technology are taught together as complex, interdisciplinary, engaged, embedded, creative and applied.

Nb. This event is part of a series with:

TRANSFORMATIVE TEACHING

Florida State University | University of Dundee | Zayed University
Dates:15-17 November 2022
Abstracts:  30 June 2022
https://amps-research.com/conference/teaching/

DISCIPLINES:

Urban Design | Architecture | Planning | Landscape | Sustainability Interior Design | Teaching | Learning | Education | Art | Social Sciences | Health & Wellbeing | Pedagogy | Interdisciplinary studies

Project Partners: Sheridan College | AMPS | Routledge