De : Sponge biology and chemistry list <[log in to unmask]> de la part de Vasiliki Koutsouveli <[log in to unmask]>
Envoyé : mardi 19 avril 2022 09:27
À : [log in to unmask] <[log in to unmask]>
Objet : New Publication: Reproduction and lipid metabolism

Dear Spongers,

I am happy to announce that our new publication on the reproduction of the sponge Phakelia ventilabrum and its lipid metabolism during oogenesis is now published in Scientific Reports, you can check it here:

Koutsouveli, V., Balgoma, D., Checa, A., Edeland, M.,  Riesgo, A., Cárdenas, P. Oogenesis and lipid metabolism in the deep-sea sponge Phakellia ventilabrum (Linnaeus, 1767). Sci Rep 12, 6317 (2022).
https://doi.org/10.1038/s41598-022-10058-6

In this study, we applied a histological analysis to describe the reproductive features of the species (LM, TEM). We also performed a lipidomic approach (GC-MS) to identify several lipid families in P. ventilabrum and observe their variation during oogenesis and combined these results with a transcriptomic (RNA-seq) analysis to verify the expression of the relevant genes involved in the pathways of lipid formation and beta-oxidation.

I hope you enjoy your read!

Kind regards,
Vassia (Vasiliki)