From: Joanne Robson
Sent: 22 April 2022 16:37
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Transcription software

Hello beautiful hive mind on this glorious Friday afternoon

A quick last minute request before you all head off for a lovely weekend break.

We have been doing some interviews on zoom for an article in a book re community archiving and the pandemic and want to find a software (pref free) that we can run the recordings through to get a transcription of the audio that we can then check & correct.  We basically are looking for a programme to do the grunt work for us and we can then check for accuracy.

I have had a quick look around on the old google and feel a little overwhelmed.  The BL do not seem to recommend one and our institution does not have licence for one either.  So any suggestions?  Our first recording is three people and roughly 1.5 hours long.  The second will be 5 people and as long if not a little longer.

We would not be willing to upload the file outside of our system to do this so it will need to be something we can use in house.

Any and all thoughts welcome

Jo

Ahmed Iqbal Ullah Education Trust

Manchester Central Library