Dear all,

We have four posts we are recruiting for, on a major new EPSRC project about understanding how our online privacy and safety needs change during life transitions such as divorce or serious/terminal illness etc.

Project details here: AP4L: Adaptive PETs to Protect and emPower People during Life Transitions https://gow.epsrc.ukri.org/NGBOViewGrant.aspx?GrantRef=EP/W032473/1

  1. Research Fellow B (for someone interested in systems building/empirical work around privacy and online safety. This is a senior post., and can be suitable for someone previous postdoc experience as well as someone close to finishing their PhD): https://jobs.surrey.ac.uk/Vacancy.aspx?id=10893

  2. Research Fellow/Developer (ideally with a PhD, but we can support a good UG or Masters or current PhD student): https://jobs.surrey.ac.uk/Vacancy.aspx?id=10896

  3. Project Officer (Need not be computer scientists but needs to have better organisational skills than me :D - they will need to co-ordinate the 28 people we will have working on this project + manage 26 project partners): https://jobs.surrey.ac.uk/Vacancy.aspx?id=10895

  4. Research Fellow in HCI/Cyber Security (A senior level postdoc similar to post 1, but with a human factors focus): https://www.jobs.ac.uk/job/CNK518/research-fellow-hci-cybersecurity-431788

The first three jobs are at Surrey and the fourth one is at Strathclyde. All post holders will work with a cohort of other socio-technical AP4L researchers from disciplines such as Psychology, Criminology and Computer Science within the project and also with researchers from other related projects via the REPHRAIN National Research Centre on Privacy, Harm Reduction and Adversarial Influence Online. There is scope for significant impact and outreach, including participating in a BBC Radio show which has been commissioned for this project.

Please apply/forward to people who may be interested. We will have additional posts opening up in the coming months, so please do get in touch with me if the topic is of interest.

Best Wishes
nishanth

To unsubscribe from the SOCIALDATASCIENCE list, click the following link:
https://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/cgi-bin/WA-JISC.exe?SUBED1=SOCIALDATASCIENCE&A=1