Hello all,

I hope you are all settling nicely into 2022. I am getting in touch to get our February meeting booked in.

You will have seen that the conference has been pushed back to May. While I am slightly devastated about the change of venue (I grew up near Telford, so I feel that I am allowed to say that) it does mean that we have slightly longer to work on our plans to engage the community with the new UKSG vision. Which is good news.

Speaking of the vision, I do have a date for the planned Vision Webinar. It’ll take place on Friday 11th February at 13:00 GMT, and the aim is to introduce all sub-committee members to the new vision. We should be getting invites from UKSG HQ soon, but if you can save the date please do.

It makes sense for us to meet after that event, so I’ve popped some dates into a doodle poll. Please could you complete the poll as soon as you have the chance. I apologise in advance- dates may clash with UK half term for some of you, and with some of the fab Open Research Week events.

In the meantime, O&E’s own James Young is chairing a great sounding event for FE sector colleagues tomorrow. Do forward on to relevant contacts if you see this in time. And good luck James!

There’s also the rescheduled UKSG Publication to press: building trust in research communication online Seminar  on 9th February to shout about.

And- as always- if you have any ideas for webinar topics please add them to the form.

If you’re able to get the doodle poll filled in as soon as possible, then I’ll try to get the date of the meeting confirmed early next week.

Thanks so much – looking forward to seeing you all soon.

Best wishes,

Bethany

Bethany Logan FHEA

Pronouns: she/her

Research & Scholarship Librarian

University of Sussex Library

To unsubscribe from the UKSG-OUTREACH list, click the following link:
https://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/cgi-bin/WA-JISC.exe?SUBED1=UKSG-OUTREACH&A=1