Please warn Mr. Davis that planting teasel seed is a bad idea.  It is very invasive (and prickly).

https://www.gardeningknowhow.com/plant-problems/weeds/controlling-teasel-weeds.htm

"Common teasel is a highly invasive plant that can choke out desirable native growth and agricultural crops. The plants have stout, 2-foot (.6 m.) taproots that anchor them firmly into the soil. A single plant can produce as many as 40 blooms, each of which can produce more than 800 seeds. The seeds are easily dispersed by water, birds, animals and humans."

"What Is Common Teasel: Tips For Controlling Teasel Weeds" https://www.gardeningknowhow.com/plant-problems/weeds/controlling-teasel-weeds.htm

Margaret

It seems a good emblem to put on the astrolabes
which Edward III gave (I believe) to some of the overseas merchants with
whom he entrusted secret business, or negotiated huge loans to finance his
war with France, using the wealth of the cloth trade as security. I have
ordered some teasel seeds!

To unsubscribe from the HIST-NAT-HIST list, click the following link:
https://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/cgi-bin/WA-JISC.exe?SUBED1=HIST-NAT-HIST&A=1