Many thanks to Mia and Giles for the tips - code4lib is a great suggestion, we can use examples from there to kick off discussion.

It's not a postdoc or research role, but will be working alongside researchers to develop an open access visualisation tool for analysing image similarity. Still much to be confirmed, but we will post here when we have details to share.

Thanks again,
Alison

From: Museums Computer Group <[log in to unmask]> on behalf of Giles Bergel <[log in to unmask]>
Sent: 17 December 2021 13:43
To: [log in to unmask] <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: Re: Sample job specs for computer vision software developer

External email to Cardiff University - Take care when replying/opening attachments or links.
Nid ebost mewnol o Brifysgol Caerdydd yw hwn - Cymerwch ofal wrth ateb/agor atodiadau neu ddolenni.

Hi Alison,

Is this a Research Software Engineer post? If so, here’s some historical examples:

https://eng.ox.ac.uk/jobs/job-detail/?vacancyID=147314 and https://scholarshipdb.net/jobs-in-United-Kingdom/Senior-Research-Software-Engineer-University-Of-Oxford=tleY88OC6xGUXgAlkGUTnw.html

As Mia says there are some more academic research-related adverts to be found on places like jobs.ac.uk, such as postdocs in digital humanities or in general machine learning.

A lot depends on the domain, more so the desired outputs - e.g. around whether the role is to or build a public system or tool of some sort, or to do some offline analysis for a research project.

Best,

Giles

Dr. Giles Bergel
Senior Researcher, Digital Humanities
Visual Geometry Group, University of Oxford
Project site - https://www.robots.ox.ac.uk/~vgg/projects/visualai/
Personal site - www.printing-machine.org

Is anyone able to share any recent examples of job spec/adverts for roles requiring knowledge of Convolutional Neural Network models for deep learning?

Thanks,
Alison

Alison Harvey
Special Collections and Archives
Cardiff University

To unsubscribe from the MCG list, click the following link:
https://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/cgi-bin/WA-JISC.exe?SUBED1=MCG&A=1