Hi Katherine,

Many thanks for your email, there are a number of factors to take into
consideration when considering sound within a gallery.

Under British Standards, there is the Principle of 2 senses, it's important
that NPG considers how they would create this experience for people who are
deaf, deafened or hard of hearing, in addition to controlling the volume
and induction loops.  In addition to this, there are people who may not
have freedom from distractibility/sensory processing. Its key that under
the Equality Act 2010 it is important that NPG considers how any activity
they are creating, weighs in on how they are meeting peoples needs.

Sound within galleries can depend on types of floor surfaces and high
ceilings, which can cause a supplementary echo.

Sound within galleries, whether hard floor/high ceiling or not, can cause
distraction and anxiety for people with sensory processing difficulties
particularly people with neurodivergent profiles such as ADHD, dyspraxia in
addition to autism.

A suggestion would be to explore what is available via apps in addition to
your suggestions, particularly within accessibility.  There are suggestions
regarding COVID and handsets via the Reopening Recommendations Support
Service link: https://embed.org.uk/covid-19-reopening

Happy to jump on a call after the Christmas break

With Best Wishes

Becki

On Mon, Dec 13, 2021 at 11:33 PM Em Blamey <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> ------------------------------

*Becki Morris*
Director of the Disability Collaborative Network C.I.C.
Sharing Knowledge to Break Down Barriers
Associate Consultant for EMBED
Trustee for AchieveAbility and StageText
Tel: 07455 896213
Web: www.musedcn.org.uk
Twitter: @museumDCN

This e-mail and any files transmitted with it are private and confidential
and are solely for the use of the addressee. It may contain material that
is legally privileged. If you are not the addressee or the person
responsible for delivering to the addressee, be advised that you have
received this e-mail in error and that any use of it is strictly prohibited.

       Twitter:  http://www.twitter.com/ukmcg