Zhe Lou <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
    > In that case, the link looks like this
    > Users -- ISP -- IXP -- CDN

We are interested in knowing the growth of traffic that is:

  Users -- ISP -- IXP -- ISP -- Users

That includes direct webrtc traffic, direct gaming traffic, SMTP, SSH,
VNC, RDP, ...

(Whether this includes cases like me, where my web site is at my home office
is a big question.  In a CDN world, I'm supposed to host that elsewhere.)

    > So the IXP traffic grows in proportion with the CDN traffic, as
    > indicated in the report. But I thought CDN providers could talk with
    > ISPs in order to put nodes directly inside ISP networks. Isn't it the
    > case today?

Sure, CDNs can have private peering with ISPs.
This is a common activity for Netflix, akamai...
It is usually a win/win where the CDN provides servers that go into an ISP
hosted cabinet.

]     [log in to unmask]  http://www.sandelman.ca/        |   ruby on rails    [