Dear colleagues

You may already know about Sentient Performativities: thinking alongside the human, but you may not know that we have extended the deadline for proposals to January 16. We found ourselves so bound up with our Borrowed Time project that we couldn’t give the call justice.  For more information about the call visit https://performativities.info/call-for-participation/ *Apologies for cross-posting*

Next summer we are opening a space for a deep-dive into embodied knowledge. art.earth symposia are renowned as spaces that embrace many voices and offer opportunities for meetings across wide gulfs on knowledge. They are generous and friendly spaces too. Our 2022 symposium investigates somatic practices and how they can foster embodied ecological awareness and communication between the human and other than human worlds. Traditionally somatic practices are most pertinent in dance and movement disciplines, rooted in the humanist perspective and primarily focusing on emancipating introception (the body as experienced from within). Current thinking suggests that such practices, while having the human self at the centre, can also highlight the reciprocal relationship between the self and the environment. Sentient Performativities: Thinking Alongside The Human will revisit our entanglement with the natural world from a felt perspective and bring together multiple fields of thought, practice and research that share embodied approaches to bridge the human, plant and animal divide.

We currently are inviting proposals for participation. The call is open until January 16 and we very much hope you will come and share your embodied knowledges and experiences.

Our academic partners are Dartington Trust (Dartington Arts School and Schumacher College) and Bath Spa University (Creative Corporealities research group and the Centre for Environmental Humanities). The co-convenors are Minou Tsambika Polleros and Dr Richard Povall.

Find out more at https://performativities.info

Dr Richard Povall ([log in to unmask])
Director, art.earth (artdotearth.org)
Visiting Research Professor, Science Walden, UNIST, Ulsan, Korea.

To unsubscribe from the PERFORMANCESCIENCECREATIVITY list, click the following link:
https://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/cgi-bin/WA-JISC.exe?SUBED1=PERFORMANCESCIENCECREATIVITY&A=1