***Apologies for cross-posting***

Hello all,

I thought you might appreciate a round-up of the free content currently available in the Journal of Public Finance and Public Choice. These recent highlights are free to access until 31 October.

Health politics? Determinants of US states’ reactions to COVID-19

Etienne Farvaque, Hira Iqbal and Nicolas Ooghe

Larger polities are more regulated

James Bailey, James Broughel and Patrick A. McLaughlin

The political economy of Vermont’s anti-fracking movement

Alexandre R. Scarcioffolo, Shishir Shakya, and Joshua C. Hall

Mirror, mirror on the wall …: modelling the US Congress as an internal labour market

João Ricardo Faria and Franklin G. Mixon

Editors’ Choice Collection

You might also enjoy free access to our editors’ top articles from recent issues:

Political regimes and deaths in the early stages of the COVID-19 pandemic
Gabriel Cepaluni, Michael T. Dorsch and Réka Branyiczki

Debundling accountability: prosecutor and public defender elections in Florida
Bryan C. McCannon

Rightly blamed the ‘bad guy’? Grandparental childcare and COVID-19
Christina Boll and Till Nikolka

The impact of publications in core public choice journals: an analysis of institution rankings
Franklin G. Mixon and Kamal P. Upadhyaya

Free sample issue

Want more from the Journal of Public Finance and Public Choice? Explore our free sample issue. Highlights include:

A theory of self-governance: de facto constitutions as filters
Alexander William Salter and Justin Callais

The political economy of Brazilian cultural policy: a case study of the Rouanet Law
Erwin Dekker and Ana Carolina Rodrigues

Centralised versus decentralised subnational debt and soft budget constraint: evidence from China
Zhiyong An and Yilin Hou

Read Volume 34 Number 2 for free.

If you find these articles valuable, please ask your librarian to take out a subscription or sign up for a free trial. If you need any help with the set-up, contact us at [log in to unmask].

Thanks and best wishes,

Thea Cook

Journals Marketing Executive

Bristol University Press and Policy Press

1-9 Old Park Hill, Bristol BS2 8BB, UK

To unsubscribe from the ECON-SOC-DEVT list, click the following link:
https://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/cgi-bin/WA-JISC.exe?SUBED1=ECON-SOC-DEVT&A=1