Three poets have now been moved into the Fortnightly Review  house.

1. sandra kolankiewicz

American poet adept at moving simple figures (or blocks) ) into realist emotional vehicles--

I spent my love at the kindness exchange.
That’s what we do: invest for return. Yet
what is required from the birds that thrill me?

https://fortnightlyreview.co.uk/2021/08/old-time-recipe/ <https://fortnightlyreview.co.uk/2021/08/old-time-recipe/>

2. Julia Deakin

https://fortnightlyreview.co.uk/2021/08/deakin-corporation-street/ <https://fortnightlyreview.co.uk/2021/08/deakin-corporation-street/>

Well respected poet north of Birmingham and elsewhere. Singularities of place and person held in strong address.

WHEN I THINK of work, I think of windows:
the steamed-up panes of flatulent Manchester buses
and the metal-framed ones of a building built on a bomb site

near where Mill Hill runs down to the Irwell,
where brokers first banked on the power of the mill race,
where Mayhew whistle-blew and where Marx met Engels;

3. And where has Andy Thompson been hiding all these years? Including probably the first football poem we have ever published.

At Brentford, Rovers green your camouflage
The darkness of the pitch the stadium shade
In blazing light the revolution near
The ball turned, your flight, and the stadium swayed
Your way, our way, some history was made
Casual, determined, unstoppable

https://fortnightlyreview.co.uk/2021/08/thompson-cambridge-market/ <https://fortnightlyreview.co.uk/2021/08/thompson-cambridge-market/>

If these links don’t work for you take comfort that they don’t work for me either, but are correct.

PR