Thanks Anne, Wendy and David- well said, and yes exactly - what is the point of a professional body if it does not act in the interest of its members?

Sadly the ARA don’t seem remotely concerned by this situation or see it as something in which they should intervene. This is one of the reasons that I’m no longer a member.

These salaries are appalling and this issue should be a priority for the ARA.

Adam

Adam Sach
MA (RCA), PGCert (CAIS)

+44 (0) 7 549 879 062
www.adamsach.com

Project Archivist, The Horse Hospital
Member & Volunteer Archive Assistant, The Marx Memorial Library & Workers’ School

---- On Thu, 02 Sep 2021 08:22:45 +0100 Anne Lovejoy<[log in to unmask]> wrote ----

Please could ARA set out how they are helping local government archives secure funding/support for adequate payment for staff? It's an impossible situation, we're all struggling in local gov, but our professional body - to which we are paying our subs - should be really going to town on this. Otherwise what's the point?