From: Walking Artists Network <[log in to unmask]> on behalf of Ivan Pope <[log in to unmask]>
Sent: 27 August 2021 14:57
To: [log in to unmask] <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: Thought this would be of interest

The Joy of Walking in Games
Here's what you need to know about walking simulators and the psychological benefits of how games can offer a much-needed escape.
Walking simulators are usually exploration games that focus on your experience as a player. They rely heavily on strong storytelling to hook players in, by putting the player’s experience at the heart of the experience. Compared to general games, they are often short and sweet, but nonetheless impactful, living on in the minds of players long after they have finished.

https://www.wired.com/story/the-joy-of-walking-in-games/