The latest issue of Journal of Literary & Cultural Disability Studies is now available online.

Liverpool University Press is pleased to inform you of the latest content in Journal of Literary & Cultural Disability Studies, a highly regarded publication that is essential reading for those working in and researching literary studies, cultural studies, and disability studies. It is an essential disability studies journal for scholars whose work concentrates on the portrayal of disability.

Volume 15 Issue 3 is a Special Issue that engages with the cultural presentation and representation of people with learning difficulties/disability.

Browse all articles >

"Learning disability and learning-disabled people are frequently under-represented or simply missing from the historical record; people with learning disabilities are thus excluded from their own histories and heritage" (Owen Barden and Tina Cook).

To recommend a subscription to Journal of Literary & Cultural Disability Studies to your library please use our [log in to unmask]">email template to contact your librarian.

New institutional subscribers can enjoy 50% off an online subscription to Journal of Literary & Cultural Disability Studies using the code NEW50. Available until December 31st 2021. For more details contact Liverpool University Press's Subscriptions Team at [log in to unmask]

Sign up to our mailing list | Follow us on Twitter

Table of contents

INTRODUCTION

LEARNING DIFFICULTIES HISTORIES AND CULTURES

OWEN BARDEN | TINA COOK

RESEARCH ARTICLES

CONTEXTUALIZING DISTRESS

UNDERSTANDING CHALLENGING BEHAVIOUR AS A PRODUCT OF RESISTANCE IN THE INTELLECTUAL DISABILITY COMMUNITY

TESSA-MAY ZIRNSAK

DOWN SYNDROME AS PURE SIMULACRUM

SHARON SMITH | KIERON SMITH

RECIPE FOR A GOOD LIFE

A SELF-ADVOCATE’S PERSPECTIVE ON CURATING THE “GOOD LIFE” TO EXPLORE HAPPINESS AND LIVING WELL

JADE FRENCH | LEAH JONES

PANARCHY 3: RIVER OF THE SEA

TOWARDS A LEARNING-DISABLED-LED ECOLOGICAL PERFORMANCE PRACTICE

RACHEL CLIVE

MADHOUSE

RECLAIMING THE HISTORY OF LEARNING DIFFICULTIES THROUGH ACTING AND ACTIVISM

ELIZABETH TILLEY | PAUL CHRISTIAN | SUSAN LEDGER | JAN WALMSLEY

COMMENT FROM THE FIELD

COMMENT FROM THE FIELD: WHO IS DOING THE INCLUDING?

JAN-WILLEM VAN DEN BOSCH

BOOK REVIEWS

BOOK REVIEWS

ERIN PRITCHARD

LIANA GLEW

ABOUT THE CONTRIBUTORS

JOURNAL OF LITERARY & CULTURAL DISABILITY STUDIES (2021), 15, (3), 379–380.

Best wishes,

On behalf of Liverpool University Press

L I V E R P O O L  U N I V E R S I T Y  P R E S S   |   F O U N D E D  1 8 9 9

4 Cambridge Street, Liverpool, L69 7ZU
www.liverpooluniversitypress.co.uk | Sign up to our Mailing List

‘Liverpool University Press is one of the great success stories in the difficult climate of modern academic publishing.’  - Professor Sir Jonathan Bate, Vice-President, British Academy

LUP staff are working from home in response to the Government’s advice on Covid-19. We will be operating business as usual as far as possible, although some staff are working flexibly and responses may be outside of regular office hours.

This message is confidential to the intended recipient. If you have received it by mistake, please notify the sender. Any attachment has been virus-checked, but no responsibility is accepted for any virus unintentionally transmitted. The contents of this email are not legally binding. Liverpool University Press 2004 Limited, Company Number 05113671, is a wholly-owned subsidiary of the University of Liverpool.

To unsubscribe from the MECCSA-DISABILITY list, click the following link:
https://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/cgi-bin/WA-JISC.exe?SUBED1=MECCSA-DISABILITY&A=1