Intellect is pleased to announce that Journal of Adaptation in Film &
Performance 14.2 is out now!

For more information about the journal and issue click here>>

https://www.intellectbooks.com/journal-of-adaptation-in-film-performance

Aims and Scope

Adaptation and translation in the form of the conversion of oral,
historical or fictional narratives into stage drama have been common
practices for centuries. In our own time the processes of crossgeneric and
cross-cultural transformation continue to be extremely important in theatre
as well as in the film and other media industries. Adaptation and the
related areas of translation and intertextuality continue to have a central
place in our culture and profound resonance across our civilizations. As an
academic discipline, adaptation studies has begun to establish itself in
the last few decades as an important area of scholarship and research which
– alongside translation studies – continues to make significant
contributions to our analysis and understanding of a complex and
increasingly diverse world culture. The aim of this journal is to offer a
forum for discussion and analysis of adaptation and/or translation in
performance and as creative practice in the context of the following media:
theatre, film and television, radio and audio, music, dance, opera, gaming
and graphic narratives.

Issue 14.2

Editorial
<https://www.ingentaconnect.com/contentone/intellect/jafp/2021/00000014/00000002/art00001>

RICHARD HAND AND MÁRTA MINIER

Articles

Easy Rider and Thelma & Louise revisited, or on experimental film remakes
of the road movie
<https://www.ingentaconnect.com/contentone/intellect/jafp/2021/00000014/00000002/art00002>

KORNELIA BOCZKOWSKA

Psycho-killer: Shifting spectator address from Psycho to Bates Motel
<https://www.ingentaconnect.com/contentone/intellect/jafp/2021/00000014/00000002/art00003>

DEREK DUBOIS

Beyond the webs of ideology: Orson Welles’s Othello in post-war Italy
<https://www.ingentaconnect.com/contentone/intellect/jafp/2021/00000014/00000002/art00004>

SERENA PARISI

Michael Winterbottom’s The Claim (2000) as a transnational and
transcultural adaptation of The Mayor of Casterbridge
<https://www.ingentaconnect.com/contentone/intellect/jafp/2021/00000014/00000002/art00005>

MARGARIDA ESTEVES PEREIRA

The state of the British garden: Mike Bartlett’s Albion and its Chekhovian
scions
<https://www.ingentaconnect.com/contentone/intellect/jafp/2021/00000014/00000002/art00006>

STUART YOUNG

Practitioners’ Perspectives

Under the deerstalker: Nick Lane and Luke Barton on Sherlock Holmes and The
Sign of Four
<https://www.ingentaconnect.com/contentone/intellect/jafp/2021/00000014/00000002/art00007>

TOM UE

Book Review

Studying Shakespeare Adaptation: From Restoration Theatre to YouTube,
Pamela Bickley
<https://www.ingentaconnect.com/contentone/intellect/jafp/2021/00000014/00000002/art00008>
 and Jenny Stevens (2020)
<https://www.ingentaconnect.com/contentone/intellect/jafp/2021/00000014/00000002/art00008>

KINGA FÖLDVÁRY

--
<https://www.intellectbooks.com/latest-catalogues>
Judith Schofield (she/her) |  Journals and Conferences Marketing Executive