A FRIENDLY REMINDER: if you click REPLY to this email, you will be sending an email to over 3000 subscribers. Please do so only if you wish to respond to everyone. To join, leave or suspend list postings, visit scudd.org.uk/members/scudd-mailing-list/
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Dear Colleagues,

We hope that you are having a good summer. Ralf Remshardt and I are contracted to edit the Routledge Companion to Contemporary European Theatre and Performance, scheduled for publication in 2022.

We have commissioned contributions from experts for almost all entries in the volume, but we are still missing two chapters:
1) Theatre and performance in Albania post 1989 (2,000 words)
2) Disability in performance with two or three case studies from Europe (3,000 words)

If you are interested in working with us on any of these chapters, please send us a brief reply, including your full name, institutional affiliation, and preferred contact email. If you can recommend a contributor, please let us know as well.

Deadline:
We anticipate that the contributions will be submitted approximately six months after commissioning, but there is some flexibility.

About the chapters:
We invite chapters focusing on performance from 1989 onwards, but references to earlier history are possible if they illuminate present concerns. We particularly encourage an awareness of a postcolonial, diverse, and inclusive makeup of European performance. If possible, we ask for a broader theoretical and cultural consideration alongside a trans-European perspective.

About the volume:
This volume will offer a comprehensive overview of contemporary European theatre and performance. It will feature critical discussions of key concepts, practitioners, and trends within theatre making, both in particular countries and across borders, that are shaping European stage practice in the twenty-first century. It will give undergraduate and graduate students as well as researchers and practitioners an indispensable reference resource that can be used broadly across curricula and in the profession.

We are looking forward to hearing from you off-list at [log in to unmask]

With very best regards,
Aneta Mancewicz (Royal Holloway University of London)
Ralf Remshardt (University of Florida)

This email, its contents and any attachments are intended solely for the addressee and may contain confidential information. In certain circumstances, it may also be subject to legal privilege. Any unauthorised use, disclosure, or copying is not permitted. If you have received this email in error, please notify us and immediately and permanently delete it. Any views or opinions expressed in personal emails are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of Royal Holloway, University of London. It is your responsibility to ensure that this email and any attachments are virus free.

Content posted in these emails does not represent SCUDD, but the views of the individual poster. Events advertised via the list are not necessarily endorsed by SCUDD. Any complaints, requests or comments about list usage can be addressed to [log in to unmask] but Mark WILL NOT handle requests to unsubscribe: To join, leave or suspend list postings, visit www.scudd.org.uk/list