A FRIENDLY REMINDER: if you click REPLY to this email, you will be sending an email to over 3000 subscribers. Please do so only if you wish to respond to everyone. To join, leave or suspend list postings, visit www.scudd.org.uk/list

Dear Friends, Colleagues and all,

I am writing from Istanbul, Turkey. I am an Istanbul based independent writer. Together with GalataPerform an independent theatre company we have devised a show for online platform which we are presenting at Edinburgh Festival Fringe '21 in these days. Here I am sending information about it.

It would be great if you can watch it! And it would be great if you can direct this mail to the ones whom can be interested in a project from Turkey.

Here I am sending some information about our play and the link:

https://tickets.edfringe.com/whats-on/deserted-shores-negative-photographs

Designed as a digital oath to our times Deserted Shores // Negative Photographs depicts the fragmented story of an imagined family gathering. The play which situates the family in the complicated and dark political atmosphere of the 90s in Turkey, evaluates within its own aesthetic, the dynamics of not being able to come together in these times, combining video, performance, sound and text.

This new play by GalataPerform, considered by Turkish press as the best example of digital theater in Turkey was specifically created during the pandemic in 2020 by the support of the Goethe Institute Covid Relief Fund. The play explores the realm in between theatre, digital, video and film within the discussion of digital theatre.

Warmest regards from Turkey.

Ferdi Çetin

Content posted in these emails does not represent SCUDD, but the views of the individual poster. Events advertised via the list are not necessarily endorsed by SCUDD. Any complaints, requests or comments about list usage can be addressed to [log in to unmask] (Requests sent to this email to post materials on the list will be ignored, for reasons of efficiency)