A FRIENDLY REMINDER: if you click REPLY to this email, you will be sending an email to over 3000 subscribers. Please do so only if you wish to respond to everyone. To join, leave or suspend list postings, visit scudd.org.uk/members/scudd-mailing-list/
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Dear Colleagues -
The deadline for submitting articles for the upcoming issue of *ArtsPraxis *is
fast approaching. Please review the cfp below for additional details and I
invite you to read our most recent issue, Volume 8 Issue 1 at the site:
https://sites.google.com/nyu.edu/artspraxis/2021/volume-8-issue-1

Best,
Jonathan P. Jones, Editor
--------------
*ArtsPraxis Volume 8, Issue 2*
deadline for submissions:
September 1, 2021

CfP: ArtsPraxis Volume 8, Issue 2

ISSN: 1552-5236

*ArtsPraxis*Volume 8, Issue 2
<https://www.google.com/url?q=https%3A%2F%2Fsites.google.com%2Fnyu.edu%2Fartspraxis%2F2020%2Fvolume-8-issue-2&sa=D&sntz=1&usg=AFQjCNH9nxizWtf2TSV79zIyFINh8EQXYA>
looks
to engage members of the global Educational Theatre community in dialogue
around current research and practice. We welcome traditional academic
research as well as narratives of practice. This call for papers is
released in concert with the publication of *ArtsPraxis* Volume 8, Issue 1.
The submission deadline for Volume 8, Issue 2 is September 1, 2021.

Submissions should fall under one of the following categories:

   -

   Drama in Education (i.e., studies in drama/theatre curriculum, special
   education, integrated arts, assessment and evaluation)
   -

   Applied Theatre (i.e., studies in community-based theatre, theatre of
   the oppressed, the teaching artist, diversity and inclusion)
   -

   Theatre for Young Audiences and Youth Theatre (i.e., studies in acting,
   directing, dramaturgy, playwriting, dramatic literature, theatre
   technology, arts-based research methodologies)

  Call for Papers:

Papers should be no longer than 4,000 words, must be accompanied by a 200
word abstract and 100 word biographies for the author(s), and conform to
APA style manual.

  Key questions the Issue will address include:  Drama in Education

   -

   How and why do we teach drama and theatre in schools and community
   settings?
   -

   How do the roles and responsibilities of the teaching artist differ from
   those of the classroom teacher (primary, secondary or higher education)?
   -

   What is the contemporary role of drama and theatre in arts education?
   -

   How do we prepare future theatre artists and educators in the 21st
   century?
   -

   What are innovative ways of devising original works and/or teaching
   theatre using various aesthetic forms, media, and/or technology?
   -

   To what extent can the study of global theatre forms impact students'
   learning?
   -

   To what extent should we distinguish theatre-making from drama as a
   learning medium?
   -

   How can integrated-arts curricula facilitate teaching, learning and
   presenting the craft of theatre?
   -

   How do we assess students' aesthetic understanding and awareness?
   -

   What research supports the potential of drama as a learning medium?
   -

   How do drama and theatre make connections across curricular content
   areas and beyond schools?
   -

   How do drama and theatre education contribute to lifelong learning?
   -

   What role do drama and theatre play in community agencies?

  Applied Theatre

   -

   How can drama provide a forum to explore ideas?
   -

   What are innovative strategies for using drama to stimulate dialogue,
   interaction and change?
   -

   How is theatre being used to rehabilitate people in prisons, health
   facilities, and elsewhere?
   -

   How do we prepare future artists/educators for work in applied theatre?
   -

   What ethical questions should the artist/educator consider in their work?
   -

   In what ways are aesthetics important in applied theatre? How do we
   negotiate a commitment to both the process and product of applied theatre
   work?
   -

   How do artist/educators assess participants' understandings in an
   applied theatre project?
   -

   What are the major tensions in the field and how are these being
   addressed?
   -

   To what extent has recent research on affect influenced community-based
   praxis?

  Theatre for Young Audiences/Youth Theatre

   -

   Theatre for young audiences is an international movement and the borders
   are breaking down so how do we present and respond to work from other
   countries?
   -

   Who exactly are our new audiences—who are we talking to?
   -

   Are we as brave as we think we are? How does what we think we should do
   relate to what we want to do as artists?
   -

   Is the writer at the heart of future theatre creation? What has happened
   to dramaturgy in the brave new world of immersive, experiential,
   visual/physical theatre?
   -

   Theatre for Young Audiences has always been in the forefront of
   theatrical innovation. So what is next?
   -

   What have we learned about nurturing the artist of the future--
   playwriting, theatre-making, performance?
   -

   How do artists establish rigorous, intentional new works development
   processes that are innovative and sustainable?
   -

   How does accountability serve the stakeholders in a new works
   development process?
   -

   How do we define and measure success in theatre for young audiences?

We encourage article submissions from interdisciplinary artists, educators,
and scholars engaged in work associated with these topics. Our goals are to
motivate a dialogue among a wide variety of practitioners and researchers
that will enrich the development of educational theatre in the coming years.

  Reviewing Procedures:

Each article will be sent to two peer reviewers. They will provide advice
on the following:

   -

   Whether the article should be published with no revisions/with revisions.
   -

   The contribution the article makes to the arts community.
   -

   Specific recommendations to the author about improving the article.
   -

   Other publishing outlets if the article is considered unacceptable.

Papers should be sent to:

Dr. Jonathan Jones <[log in to unmask]> - [log in to unmask]

Please include ‘ArtsPraxis Submission’ in the subject line.
-------

Jonathan Jones, PhD
(pronouns: he, him, his)
click to sign up for advisement appointments
<https://www.signupgenius.com/go/508044fa5a729a75-educational>

Program in Educational Theatre
Department of Music and Performing Arts Professions
NYU Steinhardt
212-998-5196
Faculty Profile <https://steinhardt.nyu.edu/people/jonathan-p-jones>

Editor, *ArtsPraxis*
<https://sites.google.com/nyu.edu/artspraxis/artspraxis-home>
Emphasizing critical analysis of the arts in society.

<http://www.facebook.com/NYUSteinhardt>
<http://www.twitter.com/nyusteinhardt>
<http://www.snapchat.com/add/nyusteinhardt>
<http://instagram.com/nyusteinhardt>

*"If you have come here to help me, you are wasting your time. But if you
have come because your liberation is bound up with mine, then let us work
together." - Lilla Watson*

Content posted in these emails does not represent SCUDD, but the views of the individual poster. Events advertised via the list are not necessarily endorsed by SCUDD. Any complaints, requests or comments about list usage can be addressed to [log in to unmask] but Mark WILL NOT handle requests to unsubscribe: To join, leave or suspend list postings, visit www.scudd.org.uk/list