A FRIENDLY REMINDER: if you click REPLY to this email, you will be sending an email to over 3000 subscribers. Please do so only if you wish to respond to everyone. To join, leave or suspend list postings, visit www.scudd.org.uk/list

Dear colleagues

There are two posts on the SCUDD Executive Committee due for election, for a new Chair and for an ordinary member of the committee.  As discussed at June’s AGM, the elections are out of their usual time-frame because of pandemic-related disruption. Kate Newey is standing down as chair at the end of her three-year term, but will remain in the role until the Autumn General Meeting.

The Chair role gives an opportunity to lead and shape the organisation and to play a substantial part in our discipline’s responses to current challenges and changes. We hope that candidates come forward who can represent the diversity in our community, and offer fresh perspectives on our work.

Ordinary committee members don’t have specific named roles – but can take responsibility for time-limited or ongoing projects as needed, or according to their interests and priorities. Recent projects have related to, for example: open-access monographs; anti-racism; the eBacc; website development; and prevention of sexual harassment.

The process is as follows:

Those interested in and wishing to know more about the role of Chair can contact Kate Newey ([log in to unmask]), or to talk about the work of the committee in general, the other members are also able to talk:

Carina Bartleet ([log in to unmask])

Tracy Cruickshank ([log in to unmask])

David Barnett ([log in to unmask])

Glenn Odom ([log in to unmask])

Phoebe Patey-Fergusson ([log in to unmask])

Louise Peacock ([log in to unmask])

Rob Dean ([log in to unmask])

Best wishes,

Gareth White

SCUDD Secretary

Content posted in these emails does not represent SCUDD, but the views of the individual poster. Events advertised via the list are not necessarily endorsed by SCUDD. Any complaints, requests or comments about list usage can be addressed to [log in to unmask] (Requests sent to this email to post materials on the list will be ignored, for reasons of efficiency)