Hello everyone,

I'm Sam a first year PhD student. I'm working on a systematic review exploring at the effectiveness of community-based health literacy interventions for parents. I have a question regarding choosing the most appropriate standardized metric.
From my 11 included studies I have 10 different health literacy tools used to measure different aspects of health literacy (mental health, oral health, immunization knowledge, recognition of medical words etc.).
All studies have a pre and post intervention measure of health literacy (mean), all but one study include the standard deviation.
The studies are going to be grouped by mode of delivery (face to face and distance).
I'm wondering if it's appropriate for me to calculate the effect size from the mean differences of the two groups or if that is inappropriate because the outcome measures are so diverse?

Any thoughts or ideas greatly appreciated.

Many thanks

Sam

To unsubscribe from the SYNTHESIS-SWIM list, click the following link:
https://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/cgi-bin/WA-JISC.exe?SUBED1=SYNTHESIS-SWIM&A=1