CfP CLOSING SOON: Technologies, places and decarbonising transport

Call for papers/panels/workshops/exhibitions: Technologies, places and decarbonising transport

With COP26 fast approaching there is an urgent need for a radical rethink around transport – the one major sector where emissions have remained stubbornly high. Proposals are invited for the DecarboN8 International Conference, ‘Real Zero’ in a Hurry: place-based decarbonisation for transport, which will take place online from 13 to 17 September 2021.

Submit your proposal for a paper, panel, workshop, or exhibition for our online festival of transport decarbonisation (deadline: 10 June). This conference will bring into conversation ideas and evidence from all academic disciplines with practitioner perspectives from the public, private and third sectors.

We enthusiastically welcome proposals from early career researchers and people from groups that are often under-represented in transport and climate (i.e. women, ethnic minorities, people with disabilities).

Stream 2: Technologies and Places

This stream concentrates on the integration of technologies into rapid decarbonisation pathways. In particular we are interested in papers which explore how different technological options fit with different types of places – moving beyond flat, average projections of uptake. Papers, panels, workshops and exhibitions which look across communities and geographies will be welcome, including the justice implications of approaches. We are also interested in debates about when standardisation across places is important and what the implications of that will likely be. Papers may address themes such as:

For more information (including details of the other streams) and to submit your idea, please visit:

https://decarbon8.org.uk/decarbon8-conference/

Tina Shield

DecarboN8

To unsubscribe from the RACE-DISPLACEMENT list, click the following link:
https://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/cgi-bin/WA-JISC.exe?SUBED1=RACE-DISPLACEMENT&A=1