Hi Robin,

I don't know of any ready-made apps for this, but I can recommend that to
solve your second question, you create physical booths with a door you can
close and some sound insulation/padding inside.
For example the 9/11 Memorial Museum in NYC has these - or used to, when I
visited a few years ago. Even without the echo, it is hard to avoid
background noise if you are capturing just inside a room with more people
present.

Good luck,
Martijn van der Heijden

Head of Strategy