Dear Network Members,

Find below information of events taking place soon and some recently developed material that can be of interest. I’d also like ro ask participants to feel free to use the list to advertise events, publications, talks or any activity of interest to the Network by emailing the list at [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>.

14-16 April 2021 (online, in Portuguese with English-Portuguese interpretation)
Decolonizando o pós-colonial? Patrimônios em disputa – Decolonising the postcolonial? Disputed heritages.

“With the question Decolonizing the postcolonial? we expect to launch a debate on sensitive issues around the colonial heritages in postcolonial contexts in Europe or historically colonised areas. Practices and materializations of those legacies will be discussed, as well as heritage processes, value attribution, their uses and appropriations at global and local scales.”
Website: https://ic-echoes-2021.eventqualia.net/en/home/

***
May through September 2021 (online, subscription deadline 21 April 2021. More info on flyer attached)
Make your own non-capitalist economy – A decolonial methods workshop

“Summer workshop on methods in developing and researching decolonial, social, solidarity and non-hierarchical economies.
In the last few months, we have experienced a significant global change in our lives around the development of COVID-19 and the government responses to curb the virus. People living precariously on a daily basis, suffering economic, social and legal marginalization, have been put even more at risk from disease, hunger, lack of remuneration and violence. In many parts of the majority world, people have been imprisoned and/or experienced violence for taking to the streets to seek improvements in their wellbeing, freedom from domestic violence, and other reasons that bring them into public spaces. With the fall of the stock markets and the shutdown of capitalist economies, we see that more than ever it is necessary to make non-capitalist economies, to recognize that our Americas are rich in the practices and knowledge of other age-old economies. Now is the time! Let's get to work and recuperate our economies!”
Website: https://cambalache.noblogs.org/taller-en-linea-mayo-2021-online-workshop-may-2021/

***
3-12 May 2021 (online event, programme attached)
Diversity and decolonization in Italian studies – Global roundtable series

Registration link: https://us02web.zoom.us/meeting/register/tZ0vd-6rpjouHNPN49rAKoVL8AfqwcsrGyff?fbclid=IwAR2daHgb74Fq-8Ia-8KSzuR6Q8HCyPFxVtClU6FYF-Y_tZfx_F5FNoGuo6Y

***
Interview with Walter Mignolo
Decoloniality, coloniality and mobility: A conversation with Professor Walter Mignolo
By Benedetta Zocchi and Manuela da Rosa Jorge

Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8o7DqYAjsRY

***
Decolonizing the American University – A conversation with Prof Ngũgĩ wa Thiong’o
Distinguished  Professor Ngũgĩ wa Thiong’o gives a lecture on Decolonizing the American University as part of the African Writers in Conversation Series.
The event is sponsored by the Council on African Studies, the Yale English Department, the Belo-Osagie Fund, Yale Africa Initiative, Belonging at Yale, the Office of the Dean of Humanities and the Charles G. Trumbull Endowed Lectureship Fund.
Website: https://african.macmillan.yale.edu/videos/decolonizing-american-university

_____

Dr Emanuelle Santos
Lecturer in Modern Languages
Department of Modern Languages
University of Birmingham
Edgbaston, B15 2TT

IN CASE YOU WERE WONDERING... - To send a message to all the people currently subscribed to the DECOLONISING-LANGUAGES-NETWORK list, send your email to [log in to unmask] - To unsubscribe from the DECOLONISING-LANGUAGES-NETWORK list, go to this link: https://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/cgi-bin/webadmin?SUBED1=DECOLONISING-LANGUAGES-NETWORK&A=1 - To view the archives of the DECOLONISING-LANGUAGES-NETWORK list, go to this link: http://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/DECOLONISING-LANGUAGES-NETWORK (You may need to log into the website to view some list archives) - To manage your subscriptions and settings by email, go to this link: http://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/DECOLONISING-LANGUAGES-NETWORK - To contact the owners of the DECOLONISING-LANGUAGES-NETWORK list, send an email to [log in to unmask] - For additional help and support, please contact [log in to unmask]

To unsubscribe from the DECOLONISING-LANGUAGES-NETWORK list, click the following link:
https://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/cgi-bin/WA-JISC.exe?SUBED1=DECOLONISING-LANGUAGES-NETWORK&A=1