From: Centre for Cultural Value <[log in to unmask]>
Sent: 04 March 2021 10:00
To: Rogers, Victoria <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: Our new resource hub

 EXTERNAL: This email originated from outside Cardiff Council, take care when clicking links.
 ALLANOL: Daw'r e-bost hwn o'r tu allan i Gyngor Caerdydd, cymerwch ofal wrth glicio ar ddolenni.

[Image removed by sender.]<https://culturalvalue.us4.list-manage.com/track/click?u=278e83c6f52a6eef19de7fb7c&id=373464e7c0&e=3acdf39491>
[Image removed by sender.]<https://culturalvalue.us4.list-manage.com/track/click?u=278e83c6f52a6eef19de7fb7c&id=5180bf5bb5&e=3acdf39491>
Aesop Arts & Health conference, Southbank Centre. Photo: Helen Murray

Welcome to our resource hub

We are delighted to be working in partnership with AMAculturehive, the Arts Marketing Association’s knowledge hub, to bring you a range of resources on research, evaluation and cultural value.
 Browse all resources here<https://culturalvalue.us4.list-manage.com/track/click?u=278e83c6f52a6eef19de7fb7c&id=096dc613f9&e=3acdf39491>

How to...?

These short guides<https://culturalvalue.us4.list-manage.com/track/click?u=278e83c6f52a6eef19de7fb7c&id=e4dd5cd7b9&e=3acdf39491> will help you get started with your own research projects providing practical tips, guidance and questions to consider before starting out.

[Image removed by sender.]
Photo: Emily Morter, Unsplash

How to...develop a research question?<https://culturalvalue.us4.list-manage.com/track/click?u=278e83c6f52a6eef19de7fb7c&id=585341a7ea&e=3acdf39491>
Could research help you develop a better understanding of the cultural value of your work? This guide by Lisa Baxter will help you develop the research questions that structure your research.
How to... broker a successful academic partnership?<https://culturalvalue.us4.list-manage.com/track/click?u=278e83c6f52a6eef19de7fb7c&id=93c7ba6af8&e=3acdf39491>
Are you interested in working with academics to create new knowledge and amplify understanding? This guide by Culture Forum North helps you consider the potential benefits of research partnerships with academics and suggests how to initiate and develop these relationships.
How to...co-commission research?<https://culturalvalue.us4.list-manage.com/track/click?u=278e83c6f52a6eef19de7fb7c&id=4e7f979623&e=3acdf39491>
Have you ever wanted to do research but didn’t have either the resources or expertise to do it alone? This guide by Kerry Harker provides practical information and reflective questions to help you develop a research project with partners.

Essential reads

Our series of Essential reads<https://culturalvalue.us4.list-manage.com/track/click?u=278e83c6f52a6eef19de7fb7c&id=ad3492a6c9&e=3acdf39491> will feature academics and practitioners sharing their recommended reading in an area of cultural value. To launch the series, our associate directors share thought-provoking reads exploring different aspects of cultural value.

[Image removed by sender.]
© Fun Palaces 2019. Photo: Roswitha Chesher

Cultural democracy<https://culturalvalue.us4.list-manage.com/track/click?u=278e83c6f52a6eef19de7fb7c&id=d2fdb2a1d9&e=3acdf39491>
David Stevenson shares his top reads on cultural democracy and challenges us to think about how cultural participation is understood and supported in the UK.
Co-creating value though audience engagement<https://culturalvalue.us4.list-manage.com/track/click?u=278e83c6f52a6eef19de7fb7c&id=b19745a55d&e=3acdf39491>
How can cultural value be co-created with audiences in a democratic and collaborative way? Ben Walmsley evaluates some key ideas from leading practitioners and researchers.
Value(s) in cultural participation<https://culturalvalue.us4.list-manage.com/track/click?u=278e83c6f52a6eef19de7fb7c&id=47e0c187c0&e=3acdf39491>
Are you thinking about participation and the different values we all bring to our experience of culture? Leila Jancovich helps you explore the different meanings people give to 'participation'.
Understanding audiences<https://culturalvalue.us4.list-manage.com/track/click?u=278e83c6f52a6eef19de7fb7c&id=7281ad46c9&e=3acdf39491>
Stephanie Pitts shares four recommended reads to help deepen your understanding of audiences and audience research.
Cultural value and place<https://culturalvalue.us4.list-manage.com/track/click?u=278e83c6f52a6eef19de7fb7c&id=74f966897b&e=3acdf39491>
Are you interested in evaluation practices and definitions of 'success' for culture-based place development? Franco Bianchini helps you explore the complexities of this area.
Cultural value and evaluation<https://culturalvalue.us4.list-manage.com/track/click?u=278e83c6f52a6eef19de7fb7c&id=7d0868f8d6&e=3acdf39491>
Are you thinking about approaches to evaluation and impact and how best to capture cultural value? Beatriz Garcia's recommended reads show how cultural evaluation has evolved.

Case studies

[Image removed by sender.]
© Dance to Health, Norwich. Photo: Camilla Greenwell

In this series of learning case studies, cultural practitioners share their reflections and learning honestly, so others can learn from and build on their experience.

Sharing learning: Aesop<https://culturalvalue.us4.list-manage.com/track/click?u=278e83c6f52a6eef19de7fb7c&id=88cfdef968&e=3acdf39491>
Tim Joss from Aesop<https://culturalvalue.us4.list-manage.com/track/click?u=278e83c6f52a6eef19de7fb7c&id=bbce9e8fa5&e=3acdf39491> shares learning from the Dance to Health programme and the role research and evaluation played in the programme itself and the learning it generated.

Sharing learning: Cauldrons & Furnaces | Crochan a Ffwrnais<https://culturalvalue.us4.list-manage.com/track/click?u=278e83c6f52a6eef19de7fb7c&id=4fc8e9f401&e=3acdf39491>
Clare Williams reflects on managing multiple agendas and questions of ownership in complex large-scale projects.

Sharing learning: Alchemy Film & Arts exhibition programme<https://culturalvalue.us4.list-manage.com/track/click?u=278e83c6f52a6eef19de7fb7c&id=86f34710a7&e=3acdf39491>
Rachael Disbury at Alchemy Film & Arts<https://culturalvalue.us4.list-manage.com/track/click?u=278e83c6f52a6eef19de7fb7c&id=d0fefce435&e=3acdf39491> shares how the organisation changed their approach to audience engagement, paying close attention to what wasn't working and creating more tailored approaches for engagement as a result.

Our webinars
[Image removed by sender.]<https://culturalvalue.us4.list-manage.com/track/click?u=278e83c6f52a6eef19de7fb7c&id=e0e3031b6b&e=3acdf39491>

You can also catch up on all our recorded webinars, including popular sessions from our What value culture? festival in November.
 Browse webinars<https://culturalvalue.us4.list-manage.com/track/click?u=278e83c6f52a6eef19de7fb7c&id=49006f1aef&e=3acdf39491>

Your ideas and feedback

What resources would you like to see in the future? And would you like to share your learning with us via a case study, guide or essential reads?

Please get in touch with us [log in to unmask]<https://culturalvalue.us4.list-manage.com/track/click?u=278e83c6f52a6eef19de7fb7c&id=2bd581aca9&e=3acdf39491>

And a big thank you to all our contributors so far for being so generous with their insights.

Job alert

We're looking for a talented communications professional to join the Centre for Cultural Value's small and friendly team. It's a part-time role that can be delivered remotely from anywhere in the UK. Closing date: 15 March

 Find out more<https://culturalvalue.us4.list-manage.com/track/click?u=278e83c6f52a6eef19de7fb7c&id=cc63c204cc&e=3acdf39491>

[Image removed by sender.]<https://culturalvalue.us4.list-manage.com/track/click?u=278e83c6f52a6eef19de7fb7c&id=edc525c2d9&e=3acdf39491>

This email was sent to [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>
why did I get this?<https://culturalvalue.us4.list-manage.com/about?u=278e83c6f52a6eef19de7fb7c&id=04fa37c93f&e=3acdf39491&c=18ff94b8ff>    unsubscribe from this list<https://culturalvalue.us4.list-manage.com/unsubscribe?u=278e83c6f52a6eef19de7fb7c&id=04fa37c93f&e=3acdf39491&c=18ff94b8ff>    update subscription preferences<https://culturalvalue.us4.list-manage.com/profile?u=278e83c6f52a6eef19de7fb7c&id=04fa37c93f&e=3acdf39491&c=18ff94b8ff>
Centre for Cultural Value · Clothworkers Building South · University of Leeds · Leeds, LS2 9JT · United Kingdom