Hello to colleagues who are interested in mentoring and coaching for academic or researcher development,

I’ve just published 'Coaching and Mentoring for Academic Development' with my co-author Dr Steve Hutchinson. Emerald Publishing have made some content free for people to read and download. I though this may interest colleagues who were so receptive of my online Starter Pack for Mentors last year. Please take a look and feel free to share these with anyone you think might find use for them.

Finding and Working with a Mentor resource: PDF including an extended excerpt from the book and links out to other useful resources, including a template mentorship agreement form. An Adobe Spark version is here.

Tips for setting up a mentorship or coaching programme: PDF that gives a taster of Section 3 of the book which includes lots of practical guidance on setting up at the programme level.

There are also two free sample chapters available — chapters are short and focused so the book can be read according to your learning need.
Chapter 4: A Doctorate Is No Longer Enough
Chapter 20: Developing Leadership Capabilities

If you make use of any of the above, please do let me know by email or on Twitter @kayguccione #MentorMode — you can share the resources as you like too.

The book is out now. You can find more information on Emerald’s website and you can save 30% if you buy direct from them by quoting promotion code THRIVING at the checkout — making it just £13.30

Kay

Dr Kay Guccione | @kayguccione | PFHEA
Senior Lecturer in Academic Development
National Teaching Fellow
Glasgow Caledonian University

The Supervising PhDs blog is here

The Hidden Curriculum of Doctoral Education blog is here

To unsubscribe from the RDSCHOLARSHIP list, click the following link:
https://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/cgi-bin/WA-JISC.exe?SUBED1=RDSCHOLARSHIP&A=1