From: ACADEMICPEERLEARNING <[log in to unmask]> on behalf of Clough, G <[log in to unmask]>
Sent: Thursday 25 February 2021 11:22 AM
To: [log in to unmask] <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: Questions re. Si-PASS Supervisor role

[CAUTION]: This email originated from an external source. Do not click links or open attachments unless you recognize the sender and know the content is safe.

Dear colleagues

At Royal Holloway, we have various mentoring initiatives in place but are now (finally) looking at implementing an SI-PASS pilot. Could I pick your brains on some questions around the role of the Supervisor (or scheme co-ordinator) ?

  • In your experience, what is the typical professional profile of a SI-PASS Supervisor? To put it another way, what might be the professional prerequisites for that role?
  • Would you say that a background in teaching is important especially for PASS Leader training or is the four-day Supervisor course sufficient for most people incl. those without a grounding in pedagogy?
  • How much work is involved in developing and delivering a pilot for one department - does it warrant a full-time Supervisor post?

Any thoughts on the above would be much appreciated!

Best regards

Gerard

Gerard Clough

Senior Teaching Fellow

FHEA, MA, MA, RSA Diploma

Centre for the Development of Academic Skills (CeDAS)

Founders West 127

Royal Holloway, University of London, Egham, Surrey, TW20 0EX

Email-icon (10%) [log in to unmask]  Telephone-icon (10%) +44 (0)1784 443756

Access CeDAS for the School of Performing and Digital Arts here

This email, its contents and any attachments are intended solely for the addressee and may contain confidential information. In certain circumstances, it may also be subject to legal privilege. Any unauthorised use, disclosure, or copying is not permitted. If you have received this email in error, please notify us and immediately and permanently delete it. Any views or opinions expressed in personal emails are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of Royal Holloway, University of London. It is your responsibility to ensure that this email and any attachments are virus free.

To unsubscribe from the ACADEMICPEERLEARNING list, click the following link:
https://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/cgi-bin/WA-JISC.exe?SUBED1=ACADEMICPEERLEARNING&A=1

Tá an t-eolas atá le fáil sa ríomhphost seo faoi iontaoibh agus tá sé ceaptha le haghaidh aird an fhaighteora bheartaithe/na bhfaighteoirí beartaithe amháin. Más rud é go bhfuair tú an ríomhphost seo go hearráideach, ná húsáid agus ná tarchuir é ar mhaithe le haon chuspóir, le do thoil; ina áit sin cuir ar an eolas muid láithreach agus scrios gach cóip den ríomhphost seo ó do chóra(i)s ríomhaireachta. Ach amháin sa chás gur comhaontaíodh a leithéid go sonrach ag ár n-ionadaí údaraithe, is le húdar an ríomhphoist amháin na tuairimí a chuirtear in iúl ann, agus ní léiríonn siad tuairim ná ní chuireann siad ceangal ar aon chaoi eile ar Institiúid Teicneolaíochta Bhaile Átha Luain. Déan teagmháil le [log in to unmask] nó cuir glao ar 090 6468000. The information contained in this email is confidential and is designated solely for the attention of the intended recipient(s). If you have received this email in error, please do not use or transmit it for any purpose but rather notify us immediately and delete all copies of this email from your computer system(s). Unless otherwise specifically agreed by our authorised representative, the views expressed in this email are those of the author only and shall not represent the view of or otherwise bind Athlone Institute of Technology. Contact [log in to unmask] or telephone 090 6468000.