Hi Everyone

We are developing a programme for this year’s Urban Tree Festival - set for Saturday 15 - Sunday 23 May.  Last May, we delivered a hugely popular and successful festival that we had to pivot on-line at the very last moment.  We picked up an Award along the way, from the Forestry Commission and the Greater London Authority.

Infuriatingly, it looks as though COVID restrictions won’t allow much group activity on-the-ground this May. Nevertheless we are going to build on our successes last year, and try to bring a variety of events and activities for all ages, and would love to have you involved.

We are gently becoming an asset-locked, not for profit, community interest company (social enterprise) and should be such by the time the Festival launches.  This should make us eligible for funding applications, but alas at the moment, we are working on a shoestring and good will!

To reduce e mails to and fro, we would please ask you to submit via our Open Call form.

We have a new ‘curatorial team’ who will make the Festival selection after the Open Call closing date of Sunday 28 February.  We have an FAQ page set up, and will also this year offer an Open Call Advisory Event at 4pm on Saturday 13 February - it is not a requirement that you attend.

Open Call here: https://urbantreefestival.org/event-open-call

FAQs here: https://urbantreefestival.org/event-open-call-faqs

Advisory Event registration here: https://us02web.zoom.us/meeting/register/tZEvd-Chrj8sGNUcafa7NTY5V_6lhVHqaOai

Keep in the loop - subscribe to our newsletter: https://urbantreefestival.org/newsletter

Do share with your networks.

Best, Andrew

ANDREW STUCK
Walking Creative (TM)
Founding Director of the
Museum of Walking
0772 5555460
http://www.museumofwalking.org.uk
@museumofwalking

Producer - Talking Walking
http://www.talkingwalking.net

The Museum of Walking is a trading name of Rethinking Cities Ltd., registered in the UK number 5801458.

Co-producer of London's Urban Tree Festival

Co-producer of Sound Walk September

---------------------------------------------- URBANDESIGN E-MAIL FORUM - Urban Design Group The forum is open to all academics and professionals for the free exchange and development of knowledge and practice on all aspects of urban design. UPDATE YOUR DETAILS / LEAVE LIST To view the archives, amend or delete your record, or change from receiving either all e-mails posted to a weekly digest of topics please visit this webpage : http://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/cgi-bin/webadmin?A0=URBANDESIGN If you have any other problems or questions, please e-mail [log in to unmask] www.udg.org.uk