Thanks. I’ll check it out.
Regards
Stephen

Get Outlook for iOS

From: GENSTAT-Request <[log in to unmask]> on behalf of David Baird <[log in to unmask]>
Sent: Tuesday, December 22, 2020 7:45:47 PM
To: [log in to unmask] <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: Re: Carrying on despite a fault

Dear Stephen,

If you look at the source of VBOOTSTRAP or VCRITICAL you will get the method of how to do this

(use Help | Procedure Source and select VBOOTSTRAP).

You need to iterate some extra times and stop when you have the required number

of successful simulations. You turn off stopping for faults and then check the exit codes

and any faults set by Genstat. The explanation of the key steps is here:

SCALAR i,nonconverg; VALUE=0 "Number of successes and failures"

CALC   maxnboot = NBOOT + NRETRIES

FOR [NTIMES=maxnboot; INDEX=k]

  SET [DIAGNOSTIC=*; FAULT=*] "Turn off stopping for faults and clear any fault code"

  FIT ... "Fit your model"

  RKEEP EXIT=lastexit "Get exit code"

  SET [DIAGNOSTIC=fault] "Turn on stopping for faults back on"

  "Check for any error that has not set EXIT parameter to nonzero value"

  GET  [FAULT=Fault]

  IF  Fault .nes. '    ' .AND. lastexit == 0

    CALC lastexit = -3

  ENDIF

  IF lastexit == 0

     CALC i = i + 1

     CALC Sim$[i] = ... "Save results from this simulation"

  ELSE

     CALC nonconverg = nonconverg + 1

  ENDIF

  EXIT [CONTROL=for] i == NBOOT "Stop when we have enough successes"

ENDFOR

There is also the SET [ACTIONAFTERFAULT=continue] option which will give

the fault messages and continue the for loop. The advantage of using the

SET [DIAGNOSTIC=*] is that the fault messages are suppressed.

Regards, David.

Dr David Baird      Statistical Consultant and Genstat Developer

VSN (NZ) Limited ([log in to unmask])

79 Ravensdale Rise, Westmorland , Christchurch 8025, New Zealand

Cell phone +64 21 1160803