This indicates why I’d avoid bootstrapping if there’s a decent alternative…! Not least because in a highly structured experiment, you may have few replicates with identical values of all factors.

James Brown

From: GENSTAT-Request <[log in to unmask]> On Behalf Of Murray C Hannah (DJPR)
Sent: 21 December 2020 23:34
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: Bootstrapped confidence intervals for a GLMM

And another comment … possibly to make myself unpopular, shouldn’t the bootstrap resampling reflect the random structure? i.e. Select data from F with replacement, then within F select levels of G with replacement, … .

Has anyone seen any theory on multi-strata bootstrapping, to reassure us that this yields interpretable CIs?

Murray Hannah

Senior Research Scientist – Biometrics | Dairy Production Sciences | Agriculture Research

Department of Jobs, Precincts and Regions

1301 Hazeldean Road Ellinbank, Victoria Australia 3821

T: (03) 5624 2260 | M: 0408 398 234

agriculture.vic.gov.au

AgVic email