Thanks Anne. I tested it on a document I saved to her Desktop and it behaved in the same way (of course she might be automatically backing up her Desktop to the cloud…) I will check that with her. I don’t think there will be any way to get the references back and she will have to reinsert them all. Just want to be sure that they won’t all be disconnected again!

Best wishes,

Jackie

From: ENDNOTE INTEREST GROUP <[log in to unmask]> On Behalf Of Anne Sherwin
Sent: 18 December 2020 12:33
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: Problem with citations in Word

Hi Jackie,

I’ve seen this happen when students are storing their Word documents on a cloud. Once they put them on to their own device (e.g. desktop) the problem goes away – but I’ve never found away of getting back the citations that have turned to plain text, other than inserting them all again. Hopefully someone else knows the answer to this.

Best wishes,

Anne