We have a situation whereby we have to decommission our full Endnote Desktop site licence and we need to support current users to either purchase their own copy of the software, or transition to Endnote Basic (with no association whatsoever with Web of Science as we don't have a subscription).

It is proving difficult to simplify what users might need to do to achieve the latter.
Can anyone advise if this would work with appropriate formatting and linking to appropriate videos where they exist?

Transition to endnote Basic from full Desktop version:

  *   Create an EndNote Basic account.
Ensure that your library is within the limits of the EndNote Basic account.
If you choose to transition your EndNote Desktop library to a free EndNote Basic version, please note that not all functionality will be available.  Please visit the Clarivate EndNote website for a full feature list<https://endnote.com/product-details/basic/>.

  *   Ensure your library is fully backed up somewhere first.

Compress and save your existing library if it is too large to directly transfer.
An EndNote Library is composed of .enl file and its associated .Data folder. The compressed library will contain both files and is good to back up your library or send a copy to yourself.

  *   Go to your Endnote Basic account
  *   Import your existing library from Endnote Desktop to Endnote Basic or restore the compressed file and import as a regular Endnote file.
Note: There is an option to Sync your EndNote desktop library with EndNote online rather than the transfer feature available with prior versions. Please see EndNote X6 and later with EndNote online: Using Sync<https://support.clarivate.com/Endnote/s/article/EndNote-X6-and-later-with-EndNote-online-Using-Sync>

All advice welcome at this stage!
Monica

Monica Rivers-Latham
Information Manager
Library and Computing Services
University of Hertfordshire

Normal hours: Mon, Tue 8.00-14.00 and Wed 8.00-16.00