Dear All,

Please see my latest blog below, bringing together a list of 17 practical suggestions of how to get Black British History into our classrooms without waiting for the Government to change the curriculum. I don't claim many of them to be original (In fact, one of my main points is that we need to learn from the history of the struggle to change history lessons), and I'm sure to have overlooked things; this is more an attempt to gather together ideas coming out of years' worth of discussions, including with some of you, to make them more accessible.

I'm afraid It's so long that I've had to split it into two parts, but I hope some of you will persevere, or at least skip to Part 2  for the specific ideas (as the background will no doubt be known to many of you).

Since I first began drafting this list in July progress in some of these areas have been accelerating, and so I've also tried to signpost existing initiatives in the relevant areas. However, I am not privy to all of these, so please add things I’ve missed in the comments and I’ll incorporate them.

Best wishes,

Miranda

---

Dr. Miranda Kaufmann

Senior Research Fellow, Institute of Commonwealth Studies

To unsubscribe from the BRITISHBLACKSTUDIES list, click the following link:
https://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/cgi-bin/WA-JISC.exe?SUBED1=BRITISHBLACKSTUDIES&A=1