Hello

If you have some time, I hope that you can take a look at a new project that I am launching in 2021.

I created an app. A Modern Pan Africanists journey (working title) a few years ago. just before I started my PhD to promote my poetry collection , Irki   www.facebook.com/IrkiPoetryBook

but it’s been on hold since then. The technology has of course really developed in the past 5 years, and I have now received a National Lottery Project  Grant from Arts Council England to upgrade it to an SIV (Selective Interactive Video). It’s  akin to putting aspects of my research  ( Black British Publishers and Pan Africanism ) on an app which means that it will make my research much more accessible.

I still need to raise some funds (through crowdfunding and donations) but I have enough to get the first stage off the ground to include 100 poets. So if you’d like to have a wander round the app which is now, the 'prototype' here is the link. It’s a web based app. and so easy to click and access on a desktop, otherwise smart phone or tablet.

The Modern Pan-Africanist’s Journey

http://www.sablelitmag.org/mpajweb1/webapp/

As well as clicking on the poet’s info please  click the menu button in the top left to access the history and resources.

When you have finished browsing please take the survey – by 31 December 2020  midday gmt as Survey Monkey change their user policy on 1 January 2021.

I am open to both content and tech. suggestions as well as  a name for the app. Please add your comments in the survey which only takes a few minutes  of tick boxing if that is all you have time to do; longer if you want to include comments.

https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/G38GPDG

Thanks so much. Your responses are appreciated!

Kadija George

--

Society of Authors Grant Recipient  - 2020
Khadija Saye: in this space we breathe. Art Exhibition @The British Library until 2 May 2021 https://www.bl.uk/british-library-player/videos/khadija-saye---in-this-space-we-breathe

Ngũgĩ wa Thiong'o Speaks: African Languages and the African

Renaissance 15 August 2020 https://youtu.be/dDqpBYeRYhk

Kadija George - Kluge Fellow - Library of Congress -  2019

Arts can save children, no matter what's going on in their homes. Afeni Shakur

To unsubscribe from the BRITISHBLACKSTUDIES list, click the following link:
https://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/cgi-bin/WA-JISC.exe?SUBED1=BRITISHBLACKSTUDIES&A=1